Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Long Time to Post

Wow! I didn't realize how long it's been since the last post. Things have gotten kind of crazy and I haven't had time to do much tatting. Am hoping to get going again really soon. I've got a project I want to start and hopefully will be able to do. Take care all my followers and hope to have you some eye candy real soon!

1 comment:

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Hi Thelma,

I've recently discovered your blog and am amazed to find that you have only been tatting since last January!

And you jumped right into blogging AND designing! Most impressive!

Also, I'm delighted to read that you learned the concept of shuttle tatting from Janette Baker's book and DVD, "Learn How to Tat".
When I wrote to Janette on her website (learnhowtotat.com) to compliment her on her book and DVD, she was happy with my compliments, but she apologized that there is an error in the Daffodil Doily pattern, and that she'd be happy to send me the correction. If you write to Janette, I'm sure she will provide you with the correction also.

Plus, I'm sure she would love to hear that she solved the 'mystery' of the flip for you! I think her book - and especially the professionally done DVD - are a new milestone in tatting literature.

I also have to give credit to Diane the Lace Lovin' Librarian for calling the error and its solution to the attention of the publisher! Diane did a lovely rendition of the doily on her blog.

Again, I'm impressed with the progress you are making with your tatting.