Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Design Tat Lesson 8

I am finally about to get caught up on my lessons. The next lesson was to use whatever Ring count we used in our design and make a cloverleaf and trefoil. Of course I can't use the same Chain count as in my design but this is what I came up with.


Some people call both of these cloverleafs or trefoils but usually when the outer rings are smaller than the middle it's called a trefoil. I am learning so much, when I heard my fellow tatters talking about trefoil in a pattern I had not a clue to what they were talking about. Now I know. lol

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your edgings! I call 'em all cloverleafs, LOL! The thing I love about cloverleaf edgings is that they are one of the simplest to do and yet have such a beautiful and elegant effect.

Thelma said...

Thank you Tattingchic,,they are very pretty edgings, and so easy to make.

Diane said...

Your tatting is lovely. I have the needles and a book too and have done a little. The shuttle definitely scares me! Now that you have had success with the shuttle, which do you prefer using - the needle or the shuttle?

Thelma said...

Thank you Diane,
I would say now I prefer the shuttle, mostly because just about every pattern out there was written for shuttles. lol If you get that book with the dvd I posted about below, you can learn how to use the shuttle. I was having all kinds of trouble with the shuttle till I got that dvd and book. lol

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Thelma, Your tatting is wonderful. Thanks for the information about the book and DVD. I took a wee class at a shop down in Indiana which showed me allot. Where did you take your Online class at???? Hugs Judy

Rose Anne B said...

Thank you so much for your email that led me to this blog and to the online tatting classes. Much appreciated and one day hope to share pics of my trials with you!

Unknown said...

Hi Thelma! I came back over to say thank you for the sweet comment on my blogpost about the tatted baby booties! Happy Mother's Day weekend to you, too! :)

Thelma said...

Judy, I am sorry it has taken me so long to respond. The online class can be found here.
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/newtatters/
Thanks so much for the compliments!

Thelma said...

Your very welcome RoseAnne!